Thursday, July 21, 2016

Glory Over Everything: Beyond the Kitchen House by Kathleen Grissom- Beyond my Expectations!


Glory Over Everything: Beyond the Kitchen House  by Kathleen Grissom
*** This is an individual review,  not from my book club***


Rating System:
5- Fix-tastic! I have seen the light and it's in this book!
4- Fix-alicious.  Best served with wine!
3- Fairly Fix-worthy.  Not a perfect "F" but I wouldn't kick it out of bed, wink wink.
2- Fixer-Upper- Sounds like a good idea but even HGTV would have a hard time with this one!
1- Don't Fix It, Nix It.  Enough said.

I was afraid that this book would have a hard time living up to its predecessor, The Kitchen House, which our book club loved.  I was pleasantly surprised to find that I was just as engrossed in these characters and this story.  Once again, the description of the treatment of slaves and their sympathizers was hard to read.  However, the author manages to present a realistic story that also contains hope.  I loved how she kept some of the characters from the first book, but also introduced some new, particularly lovable ones, such as Pan and Robert!  I will eagerly await another novel by Ms. Grissom! 

No comments:

Post a Comment